Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 MKZ Current Sync 3 version

Sync Version 2017 MKZ

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationU.S.
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

I called Lincoln for 2 questions,

1.How are they going to do updates for the Map and will there be a charge?

Have no idea for updates for Map yet or will there be a charge/no charge

2. Album art not displaying in mp3's with embedded art work. I did mention that the art work displays on laptop but not in the car. To me displaying artwork is not important since I listen to Sirius. But I ripped an album (Reba McEntire) Sing it now

and everything was displayed as to correct album songs, contributors and hear it now also displayed correct information, but not the correct cover although it did display the picture of the artist and I spent about 1.5 hrs because I like

a challenge.

Lincoln's answer was that Gracenote was not updated, and I couldn't argue because I now have Sync 2.2 and have no idea how it worked with Sync3 2.0 and Lincoln is aware of the problem because I am not

the 1st person to bring it to there attention. Not looking for arguments , but just letting you know what they told me.

The first 2 jpg's are what appears in the car and all information is correct except for the album art and the 3rd is what should have appeared in the car and did enable/disable, no difference must be bug in sync 3 2.2

Ira...I'm not looking for arguments either. But like you, I also enjoy a challenge. LOL. I'm actually happy that you did that. My plan was to contact Lincoln Concierge about that today. But I'm glad others see the exact same issue that I (and others on other Lincoln/Ford/Sync forums) am having. But that's the same issue. I have ~10,000 music files. I'm getting random artwork displayed. Sometimes it's a stock photo of the artist (not the album), sometimes it's a generic pair of headphones with the name of the genre (which is also incorrect), or other times its a picture of a different artist/album altogether. I'm happy to know Lincoln is aware of the problem. And I know it's not my files. I usually purchase digital music from Amazon.com or iTunes. But in cases where I manually rip a CD to mp3s, I Google search for a decent picture and embed the .jpg image within each file. The artwork displays properly on my smartphone, tablet, laptop, and my smart TVs. So the problem is definitely in Sync 3 v2.2.

I'm wondering if "Gracenote has not been updated" is supposed to mean that "Nothing's changed with Gracenote...it must be a problem on the part of the user." Or should that be interpreted to mean Gracenote is going to update something on their end in order to fix this? Hmmm...

At any rate, I was going to show up at a Lincoln dealer early tomorrow morning...around 7:00 am when they open. And see if they're willing to re-install Sync 3 v2.2 and see if it fixes the problem, because a master reset didn't. And if they can't/won't, I'll ask them if they can reprogram my APIM back to factory settings with v2.0 when everything worked fine. I hope they find a fix soon. It may seem minor, but music is my passion and a profession. Artwork of the album is part of the overall experience.

Edited by Myron D. Brown, 12 June 2017 - 09:11 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 IraF

IraF

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ HYBRID RESERVE

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

I know a little about computers and I tried Nero, Roxio and Windows Media Player and came up with the same result, everything was correct in the car, Artist, Song, Contributor(s) except the album cover although it did display the correct artist, but yet the same thumb drive when inserted into laptop did display the correct art work.

FYI, the album I used for ripping actually comes as a 2 cd set, two many songs to fit onto 1cd (22 songs), however with overburning I was able to get all 22 onto 1cd. if you were to see the cd, front cover as shown in picture 3 and the inside using roxio are the 22 songs listed and time., I did take the album cover and split it in two as for labelling the cd since I could not find the cd label

#23 brucelinc

brucelinc

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

So if I understand correctly, 2.2 still displays the artist name and song title correctly but the album art is incorrect?

#24 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

So if I understand correctly, 2.2 still displays the artist name and song title correctly but the album art is incorrect?

Pretty much. I'm at a Lincoln dealer now. They made a case for me. The service tech. assured me that Lincoln will probably be "pretty quick" about sending out an update/fix, since it seems it's purely a software issue. I told them about this forum and several other Ford/Lincoln/Sync forums where a dozen folks are having the same issue. And it always occurs after updating to v2.2 of Sync 3. I hope a fix comes soon, because I'm OCD about my music collection. I'll use the Android Auto interface for a few months until then...

#25 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 937 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

This is why my SA tells me to hold off on the updates.

#26 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

This is why my SA tells me to hold off on the updates.

Okay. It's a shame a service advisor would have to tell you that. Seems like if Lincoln would thoroughly test its software updates before release, they wouldn't have to tell people to hold on. I guess it's different than a smartphone update. Samsung or Apple sends them out to 10s of millions of devices. And if there's an issue, they quickly issue a fix. Since the number of vehicles with Sync 3 is probably only in the 10s of thousands, maybe Ford/Lincoln isn't going to be so urgent to fix them? We'll see...

#27 IraF

IraF

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

I tried reducing the size of the jpg file to something smaller, but to no avail and the update Sync 3 2.2 shows this and no mention of the problem you describe

HN1T-14G381-SA

This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.

This software contains the following enhancements:

• Updated voice recognition engine.
  • Navigation user interface improvements (if equipped).
  • Android Auto™ for supported devices.
  • Apple CarPlay™ for supported devices. Owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software update and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer.

and no mention of the bug, and I am not going to defend them but I would say its impossible to list every situation with regards to software and perhaps what they should have done is have beta testing as they did in Windows and as they do in every version of quicken. I would take a guess as to going back to Sync3 2.0 might be an impossibility.

I owned a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and one thing I liked was the VHR report because it did help with my insurance bill, but you will not find the VHR on 2017 Lincoln MKZ and perhaps other Lincolns that have Sync 3. It seems to me the VHR is now on the Lincoln App on your phone and probably VHR being implemented in the vehicle will not happen. You have a better possibility of getting that bug worked out then I have the VHR appearing in the car again and yes the VHR problem has been pointed out to them. I have written software and I can assure you no matter how hard I tried, I did miss and had to rewrite the software again.

Again if you have any ideas as to keep experimenting, i'm willing to give it a shot and btw I did convert the embedded mp3 file to a wma file and nothing changed but when played on the laptop the correct artwork appeared.

The statement your SA made is "Correct" and it will also apply to any "New Software" that comes out and  Windows 10 was and is a perfect example of this.

Edited by IraF, 14 June 2017 - 04:42 AM.

#28 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

I tried reducing the size of the jpg file to something smaller, but to no avail and the update Sync 3 2.2 shows this and no mention of the problem you describe

HN1T-14G381-SA

This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.

This software contains the following enhancements:

• Updated voice recognition engine.
  • Navigation user interface improvements (if equipped).
  • Android Auto™ for supported devices.
  • Apple CarPlay™ for supported devices. Owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software update and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer.

and no mention of the bug, and I am not going to defend them but I would say its impossible to list every situation with regards to software and perhaps what they should have done is have beta testing as they did in Windows and as they do in every version of quicken. I would take a guess as to going back to Sync3 2.0 might be an impossibility.

I owned a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and one thing I liked was the VHR report because it did help with my insurance bill, but you will not find the VHR on 2017 Lincoln MKZ and perhaps other Lincolns that have Sync 3. It seems to me the VHR is now on the Lincoln App on your phone and probably VHR being implemented in the vehicle will not happen. You have a better possibility of getting that bug worked out then I have the VHR appearing in the car again and yes the VHR problem has been pointed out to them. I have written software and I can assure you no matter how hard I tried, I did miss and had to rewrite the software again.

Again if you have any ideas as to keep experimenting, i'm willing to give it a shot and btw I did convert the embedded mp3 file to a wma file and nothing changed but when played on the laptop the correct artwork appeared.

The statement your SA made is "Correct" and it will also apply to any "New Software" that comes out and  Windows 10 was and is a perfect example of this.

I've tried nearly everything. Three different flash drives (formatted as FAT, exFAT, and NTFS)--Sync 3 recognizes them all, but not all of the artwork. It's hit or miss. I've tried changing the pictures embedded in the files. Different pictures. Different sizes. I've tried mp3 files, m4a files, and wma files. I can't seem to find a pattern as to why Sync 3 displays some album art but not others. But I have narrowed down that Sync 3 version 2.2 is the issue. I can take the same flash drives and plug them into my tablet, laptop, desktop, blu ray players, or smart TVs, and they all can read and play every file just fine--including the correct album cover art. I will just not use that screen much, so my OCD won't bother me. :) But this sounds like an easy fix. The service advisor said the more people who bring their car in and open a case, the more quickly and diligently Lincoln will look into it.

#29 IraF

IraF

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

I don't have a problem playing cd's mp3, wma's in the car, it plays, and it shows pictures of correct artists and recognizes the album but not the artwork and I seem to remember when I owned the 2014 mkz hybrid sync2, the correct artwork was displayed.

If other people are reading this , there is something you may or may not know I have 3 thumb drives and out of the 3, the car (2014) only recognized 2 and the same one that was not recognized is the same one that was not recognized by this car, however all three thumbdrives were recognized by my laptop.

As I said before the chance of fixing this art work bug has more of a chance then the VHR Problem

Let me go into the VHR mechanics on the 2014 and the 2017 mkz. On the 2014 with regards to statefarm, all I had to do was about a month before the policy needed to be renewed, was click on VHR and as long as there was a phone in the car, the vhr would be updated.

No VHR on 2017 mkz, so statefarm sends me a little gadget sort of round shaped and i connect this via blutooth to phone. Take a picture of mileage on the car and report mileage as I see it. This Drive Safe would also report how I handled left, right turns, speed, acceleration and braking and every three months it would update my driving habits via Grades, A+, A- and so on down the line and I would see my savings in insurance go up or down on my phone with the Drive Safe app. What was the breaking point for me was **3 times in 1 month it wanted mileage and pictures** so i dropped it and the difference with it and without was in the neighborhood of $50.00.

I wish that they would fix the VHR problem, but probably not so and they would probably argue the Lincoln app on your phone reports mileage, oil life cycle, and a warning with regards to tire pressure, where it is, start and stop car and location of vehicle(external modem-needed), parking reservations and messages. So why duplicate what is already on your phone.

#30 crushalot

crushalot

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationRaleigh
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Drivers, Tech, Luxury Packages

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Looking at trading in my 2014 for 2017 and I was wondering if there was any update on this issue?

I use USB a lot and bad album art would really bother me.

Has there been an update for Sync 3?

Thanks

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·