Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rear speaker volume / fade - Too quiet

2016 TXH audio speakers volume

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ajschicago

ajschicago

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZ 2.0AWD, Bronze Fire/Cappuccino

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

The rear speakers in my 2016 w/ the THX system are almost inaudible when you have the fade settings set to "0" or the mid-point on the adjustment screen. Since it was only recently I ever sat in the back when the radio was on, I have no idea if this is how it has always been since I took possession a year ago. You can manually set the fade to where you hear them when listening at a normal volume, so it doesnt appear to be bad speakers. 

Further, I brought the car into my local dealer for unrelated small issue that turned out to be a fuse. I asked them to look at the speaker issue as well and the dealer explanation was inconclusive. The new service manager didn't have the info on hand when I was picking up the car (after 5 days) and was clearly a non-technical person. She told me they were going to order a new "radio" (her words, !!!) and call me when it came in. That was over 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing. Since it took them 4 days to find a blown fuse and come up with this non-diagnosis, I'm really not looking forward to taking it back for something so minor. Overall, this service department has been a real disappointment. 

That said, has anyone else noticed this in their MKZ? Could it just be how the balance/fade is programmed? 

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Izzy3906

Izzy3906

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationKilleen, TX
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ Smoked Quartz

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

The rear speakers in my 2016 w/ the THX system are almost inaudible when you have the fade settings set to "0" or the mid-point on the adjustment screen. Since it was only recently I ever sat in the back when the radio was on, I have no idea if this is how it has always been since I took possession a year ago. You can manually set the fade to where you hear them when listening at a normal volume, so it doesnt appear to be bad speakers. 

Further, I brought the car into my local dealer for unrelated small issue that turned out to be a fuse. I asked them to look at the speaker issue as well and the dealer explanation was inconclusive. The new service manager didn't have the info on hand when I was picking up the car (after 5 days) and was clearly a non-technical person. She told me they were going to order a new "radio" (her words, !!!) and call me when it came in. That was over 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing. Since it took them 4 days to find a blown fuse and come up with this non-diagnosis, I'm really not looking forward to taking it back for something so minor. Overall, this service department has been a real disappointment. 

That said, has anyone else noticed this in their MKZ? Could it just be how the balance/fade is programmed? 

Thanks.

I just recently got my 2014 MKZ but mine is not the thx so not sure if the audio setting are the same, I did notice when I got it that the rear
Speakers where very low and all the sound was in the front, so I checked the settings and found three tabs that said front, all passengers, and rear. It was on all passengers so switched it to front just to hear but no difference on the sound, so I switched it to rear and there I could hear the sound on all the speakers evenly.
Hope this can help you.

2014 Lincoln MKZ Smoked Quartz

images4.png

images7.jpg

IZZY'S SHOWROOM

#3 pictone

pictone

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFlorida
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ Reserve

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

I just leased a new 2017 MKZ with non-upgraded stereo.  I have to set the fader almost all the way to the back to avoid it sounding like a transistor radio.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, TXH, audio, speakers, volume

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·