Sign in to follow this  
Robocopswedgie

Interior creaking sound

Hey guys. I bought a used 2015 mkzh a few months ago and for the most part, I've been thoroughly impressed by it! However, there are a few things that have been annoying. The most annoying thing so far is the interior squeaking/creaking from the center console. It's the sound of plastic on plastic rubbing which is most noticeable when I brake, accelerate from full stop, or hit a bigger bump on the road. It sounds like it's coming from the area below the nav screen, right around where the volume and fan controls are. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on how to fix it?

I have only heard this once, can't recall the circumstance but it cleared itself in a days or so (I may have wiped down the area with some armor-all type product).... sounds like your issue is more constant. Have you brought this to the attention of a lincoln service center?

Not yet, I was going to mention it at the 30k maintenance. I wasn't sure whether this would be something covered under a warranty. Also, I've experienced that when techs opens up plastic dashboard stuff it just makes the problem worse. Oh well...

It's kind of a shame Lincoln cheaped out on the center console. Like, if I push on the center console with a little force each plastic piece creaks. Not something I'd expect out of a 50k MSRP vehicle. My company car, 2016 Malibu, and my wife's 2016 RAV4 doesn't have this kind of issue. Hopefully a tech can fix it, but not going to hold my breath. Love most everything else about the mkz though!