Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Seat backs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 147 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZh

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

While under warranty I had the driver's seat back repaired 3 times in my 2014. In all cases the pivot on the right side seemed to break causing the seat back to feel like it was not straight. I find now that it has happened again. I have experienced seat breakage from accidents on other cars but my 2014 was never in an accident.

I never experienced this issue when I had the 2013 MKZ yet it seems to be the same part for both years

Now I would never be confused with a skinny person but I am not that heavy either ... 240 lbs on a 5'-11" frame.

The last time the dealer claimed to fix it with the "heavy duty" repair last July but obviously that didn't work.

The part number they replaced was DP5Z-5460763-AB in all cases so I don't know what the "heavy duty" repair meant.

Here is a link to the part number https://www.gaudinau...l-dp5z5460763ab

When you look at the part number detail they only list it for the 2013/2014.... did they change it for 2015 and beyond because of a problem?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Edited by R2D2, 07 May 2017 - 07:28 AM.

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 788 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7 AWD

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Yes.  To refresh your memory here's our previous conversation.  Mine never broke again, though.  Even though our cars were not included in the recall, obviously they had a supplier issue with seat frames.  I think the two big suppliers of these parts are Lear and Johnson Controls.  (The latter was sold to Tyco, Inc. in 2016).

#3 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• 147 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

Yes.  To refresh your memory here's our previous conversation.  Mine never broke again, though.  Even though our cars were not included in the recall, obviously they had a supplier issue with seat frames.  I think the two big suppliers of these parts are Lear and Johnson Controls.  (The latter was sold to Tyco, Inc. in 2016).

Thanks Drolds,

I thought we did discussed but couldn't locate the thread, now that I see it was titled about ambient lighting I understand why I missed it.... I must be getting older  ;)

I printed that  recall notice as well, maybe I'll get lucky....after all this is the 4th repair on this

Edited by R2D2, 08 May 2017 - 03:59 AM.

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

#4 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 788 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7 AWD

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Drolds,

.... I must be getting older  ;)

Welcome to the club.  It's getting bigger all the time but you're in good company. :giggle:

#5 crushalot

crushalot

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRaleigh
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 3.7

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

I also have this issue on my 2014 MKZ.  The dealer has ordered the seat back panel, but does that correct the problem or is there another part related to the under lying seat frame that is needed to be replaced also?

Thanks

#6 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• 147 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:23 AM

I also have this issue on my 2014 MKZ.  The dealer has ordered the seat back panel, but does that correct the problem or is there another part related to the under lying seat frame that is needed to be replaced also?

Thanks

My thought as well as this will be the 4th replacement.

I am scheduled to go to the dealer later today and discuss this with the service manager/director

Edited by R2D2, 10 May 2017 - 04:23 AM.

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

#7 crushalot

crushalot

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

I am scheduled to go to the dealer later today and discuss this with the service manager/director

Please let everyone know how it goes especially if they recommend replacing another part.

Thanks

#8 crushalot

crushalot

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

Wondering how your talk with the service manager went about the seatback issue?

Thanks

#9 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• 147 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

My talk with the service advisor and service manager went well and they were very receptive to my issue of the seat back breaking now for he 4th time.

They are looking to see if there are alternative parts but I am delaying service for that and the seat belt tensioner recall until I get back from a trip on June 1.

I will update then what they did.

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·