After having had my 2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label for exactly eight months today, I was thinking about some things I'd love to see in future MKZs.
- Upgrade autonomous braking to work when driving in reverse.
- At least two slots for wireless phone charging charging (Qi). These can either be in the armrests or center console somewhere.
- Heated and cooled cupholders.
- The ability to respond to text messages with your voice (not just those premade responses that can be used only when the car is stopped). Currently you can only respond to text messages with voice if you're using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Since Sync 3 recognizes voice commands, surely it shouldn't be a hard upgrade to enable dictating text messages.
- Add an audible and vibration (steering wheel or seat) alert to the blindspot monitor (with an option to disable). Sometimes that little light just isn't enough. The rear cross traffic alert has an audible alert, so I wonder if a Sync 3 update could add this same sound to the blindspot alerts.
- Ability to use Google Maps right in the Sync 3 interface. Google updates its maps nearly everyday. I have no idea how often the Sync 3 maps are updated or how much it will cost.
- Add the 360 camera. Like the Continental and MKX. The backup camera is great, but pulling forwards into a parking space, I can't always judge where the curb is...sometimes the underbody hits and scrapes just a bit if the curb is high.
- Led glowing Lincoln star on grille. Like on the new Navigator and the grille of some Mercedes models.
- 30-Way Perfect Position Seats. Like the Continental.
- Side-Impact prevention. Like on the Tesla Model S. If it is safe to do so, the car will swerve to another lane to prevent or lessen the severity of a side collision.
- Solar cells built into panoramic glass roof (for hybrid models). Like on some Toyota Prius models. Every little bit of additional energy should make for better overall MPG.
- Make the MKZ Hybrid a plug-in. I wonder, if battery technology improves in the next few years, if this can be done without making the battery any larger. It would be great for quick, short trips to use no gas at all.
I'd like to know what other 2017 MKZ owners wish for, also. Does any of this sound realistic? Or am I asking for too much? LOL. Share your thoughts.