I have a 2014 MKZ Hybrid that i started out really loving. But with 34,000 miles and all these issues it i'm beginning to be less and less enchanted with my Lincoln experience.
1) Power Trunk Lid issue - "Something" broke that wouldnt allow the deck lid to open more than 12". This required the dealer to replace both trunk hinges which required the removal of headliner, rear seat/package tray. headliner rattled after repair, dealer dropped headliner and replaced all the clips. Better but still hear rattles when radio is off. every now and then the trunk wont close, it dings and reopens (and there is NOTHING in the trunk).... and ... sometimes trunk will not open from the key fob or button by the license plate, i have to lock and unlock the car to get it to open. unable to reproduce all the time dealer shrugs shoulders. Sometimes the doors don't unlock when i touch the door handle, sometimes they do.... frustrating. dealer had car about a month.
2) oil leak - valve cover i was told was plastic and had a crack. new one ordered and replaced.
3) wheel bearing type noise - was told noise was coming from inside transmission. dealer removed and disassembled trans, said Lincoln was shipping new trans as a replacement. noise gone, but then the car had a bad vibration after the trans was replaced. Car at dealer 3 weeks.
4)vibration at 65 - 70 mph - after multiple rides with shop troubleshooter, it was determined that while the trans was out a motor/trans mount became deformed. replaced mount, vibration gone. but this took over a week to diagnose and repair.
4) AC lost its mind - when car was first started, the AC seemed to only know 2 modes. MAX LO /RECIRC and AUTO. The AC Compressor light wouldn't go off. Actually i couldnt turn the Air Conditioner itself off using the power button, nor could i make it go to defrost. I took 7 videos of this madness. touch capacitors would click but no light and no corresponding action, it just went between the MAX LO RECIRC and AUTO mode. no matter what buttons i pushed, it kept switching between these 2 modes. After i used the large touch screen I got it to work right. dealer reflashed body module. They say this should also fix the trunk and door handle issue.... we'll see. Car at dealer a week.
5) after washing the car and wiping out the door jams and doors, i now see the paint pealing off the jam side of the door, and there is rust underneath. it looks like there's all kinds of trash under the paint on the drivers side doors where paint is lifting. (not on the passenger side ones) This was the last straw i had with this car and have contacted LINCOLN Corporate. I'm taking it to the dealer for them to inspect tomorrow.
My issue isn't with the selling dealer, but this car not worthy of the star that's on the hood. I don't know what else to do, as the car is only now worth about pay off. I like the way the car drives and handles, looks and the amenities, fuel mileage is pretty good, infact its better than most post on this forum, but i have to say the quality of the car is pitiful.
I get optimistic after each repair, but my overall satisfaction with the car itself has dropped, I'm beginning to wonder what to expect next? i did purchase the extended warranty, and i do try to keep a car 8-10 years, but i have to say, i don't think ill keep this one that long.