Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Lincoln MKZ First Week Impressions

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Zalvern

Zalvern

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationOh
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Black Label

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

cc

Climate is on the 8" lcd screen in the center of the car, but not on one of the Information screens. My 2013 Fusion Hybrid had a climate option on one of the Information Screens.

Gotcha, you were talking about the Instrument Panel's information screen (Steering wheel controls), not the Sync 3 Screen. That is why I was confused.

Yes I have noticed oddly two "downgrades" in regards to the instrument panel: Lack of Fuel Consumption, Fuel Economy graph, and Climate Control via Steering Wheel. The Panel however is much more pleasing than the Fusion's though.

Not a big deal for Climate for me since I'm fine with the Voice Commands and Buttons. Coming from a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium myself, which I didn't care for the touch sensitive buttons.

I would like to fill something in that black void line under the tachometer (X.XX Gallons of Fuel consumed would be nice). On the Speedometer side, it gives you Miles till Empty estimate.

Edited by Zalvern, 02 March 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Gotcha, you were talking about the Instrument Panel's information screen (Steering wheel controls), not the Sync 3 Screen. That is why I was confused.

Yes I have noticed oddly two "downgrades" in regards to the instrument panel: Lack of Fuel Consumption, Fuel Economy graph, and Climate Control via Steering Wheel. The Panel however is much more pleasing than the Fusion's though.

Not a big deal for Climate for me since I'm fine with the Voice Commands and Buttons. Coming from a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium myself, which I didn't care for the touch sensitive buttons.

I would like to fill something in that black void line under the tachometer (X.XX Gallons of Fuel consumed would be nice). On the Speedometer side, it gives you Miles till Empty estimate.

IDK if it's what you mean, but there is a fuel economy graph in the left toggle screen.  It's right below the trip ODOs. If you scroll down to FUEL ECONOMY and then right, there's a moving bar graph for instantaneous mpg as well as a running average.

#23 houtex

houtex

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 AWD Reserve

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

Well I had my first real issue today. The front passenger window is misbehaving on the auto setting. If I try to roll it all the way up by pressing the power window and letting go, it rolls up and then comes back down about two thirds of the way. Very weird. Luckily, I can roll it up by not pressing the button all the way and holding it until the window is up.

#24 merlot

merlot

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 2.0T AWD Reserve

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

Also, the seats aren't quite as comfortable as I expected. They are very supportive. I'm hoping that I just haven't found the right adjustments for me. Also my mid level Revel system is a bit dissapointing.

Overall, I love the vehicle and look forward to driving it every day. It glides on the freeways.

I know what you mean about the seat adjustments. I've had my MKZ since the end of August and I just recently found the perfect position. In my defense I don't drive it everyday, lol. But they've always been comfortable to me tho.

A little late to the party, but I have issues with the seats as well.  Coming from a 2012 Volvo S60, which had the most comfortable seats I had the pleasure to sit in, these a bit of a let down.  Initially, on the extended test drive, they felt great (I wish I saved that position), but I have noticed they put pressure on the outside middle of my back (lower lats).  After a bit of investigation, I think the seats are a bit narrow for me.  I compared them to my 2013 VW CC, which are very comfy and quite supportive, and noticed they are about an inch and a half narrower between the bolsters.   I fit perfectly between the CC's bolsters, with less than half an inch lateral movement.  So my back is resting on top of the bolsters in the MKZ.  

Since this is my wifes daily driver, I only drive it on weekends, random errands, and family drives. Every time I drive, I slightly change the seat position and save it to memory.  I've been continually tweaking and have found a spot which seems to have improved the situation.  The true test will be our 9+ hour drive to Maine this summer.  I'll be driving the whole way.

Despite the seats, I love this car!  Ours is Velvet Black with Terracotta/Ebony interior.  The panoramic roof is fantastic!

In the garage: 2017 Lincoln MKZ 2.0T AWD Reserve, 2013 VW CC R-Line 6-speed manual, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple, 2003 Suzuki SV650
Prior tenants: 2012 Volvo S60 T5, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2008 Subaru WRX STI, 2003 Subaru WRX, 1999.5 A4 2.8 QMS

#25 newlinux

newlinux

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Black Label 3.0 MKZ

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Well I had my first real issue today. The front passenger window is misbehaving on the auto setting. If I try to roll it all the way up by pressing the power window and letting go, it rolls up and then comes back down about two thirds of the way. Very weird. Luckily, I can roll it up by not pressing the button all the way and holding it until the window is up.

I had this problem on my front drivers side window. I think it is somewhat common with some ford vehicles. You can try resetting the window (this worked for me). With the window starting all the way up, hold the window switch to move the window down. Keep holding it for a few  seconds after it is all the way open. Then close the window by holding the window switch up and hold for a few seconds after it is all the way closed. See if that fixes it.

#26 newlinux

newlinux

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

I have enjoyed the seats, but I have found the adjustments make all the difference. My CTS seats that I'm coming from where very comfortable and plush. These I had to spend some time adjusting to get right for me, and there are a number of adjustments that I didn't like... But now I'm good and I really enjoy the seats.

#27 houtex

houtex

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

I had this problem on my front drivers side window. I think it is somewhat common with some ford vehicles. You can try resetting the window (this worked for me). With the window starting all the way up, hold the window switch to move the window down. Keep holding it for a few  seconds after it is all the way open. Then close the window by holding the window switch up and hold for a few seconds after it is all the way closed. See if that fixes it.

I lnow what you are saying. My Fusion windows had to be reset constantly. This is a differerent issue. It looks like the window is slightly misaligned. When it reaches the top it heads back down again about two thirds of the way. If I roll it down all the way you can still see a little bit of the window. It doesn't go all the way down
I have an appointment on Tuesday. Get to try out the pickup and loaner program:)

#28 newlinux

newlinux

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

I lnow what you are saying. My Fusion windows had to be reset constantly. This is a differerent issue. It looks like the window is slightly misaligned. When it reaches the top it heads back down again about two thirds of the way. If I roll it down all the way you can still see a little bit of the window. It doesn't go all the way down
I have an appointment on Tuesday. Get to try out the pickup and loaner program:)

Hope you get it fixed. Mine went up to the top and came back down using the auto setting and yours sounded similar so I was hoping this would work for you as it did for me. Good luck.

#29 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

I took delivery of my 2017 this past Monday.  I'll get a picture up when I get a chance.  It's been a busy week.  I'm absolutely loving this one.  Power and handling aside, they've made so many little detail improvements compared to my 2014 and Sync 3 blows Sync 2 out of the water.

We went to my daughter's in NJ on Tuesday so it got an immediate trial.  Round trip of 200+ miles plus.  With no mileage on it and 100hp more than my 2014 with the 3.7, it already returned better MPG than the latter ever did on the same trip.  At one point, I saw an indicated 29mpg at 75mph cruise.  The power is addicting, though, so that won't last.

Unfortunately, it did develop a problem before I even got home from the dealer.  We stopped on the way home to pick up a few things and when I got back in and started it up, there was no sound with Sirius.  AM and FM were OK.  When I got home I called them and they said to bring it back in on Tues. but I couldn't do that.  When I went outside to program Home Link, Sirius was back.  I figured that was the end of that.  Nope.  Since then, it will randomly play at start-up or not.  I called Sirius and they had me go through a whole process where I had to get out of the car and stand 35 feet away with the IA key and Bluetooth off while they rebooted the radio and sent a "stronger signal."  It was working but it stopped the next day.  :rant2: They said that if this didn't fix it, it was most likely a hardware problem and to take it back to the dealer.  I might do that Monday.  We'll be out of town again on Tuesday for a week.  More to follow.

• houtex likes this

#30 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 181 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZh

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

I took delivery of my 2017 this past Monday.  I'll get a picture up when I get a chance.  It's been a busy week.  I'm absolutely loving this one.  Power and handling aside, they've made so many little detail improvements compared to my 2014 and Sync 3 blows Sync 2 out of the water.

We went to my daughter's in NJ on Tuesday so it got an immediate trial.  Round trip of 200+ miles plus.  With no mileage on it and 100hp more than my 2014 with the 3.7, it already returned better MPG than the latter ever did on the same trip.  At one point, I saw an indicated 29mpg at 75mph cruise.  The power is addicting, though, so that won't last.

Unfortunately, it did develop a problem before I even got home from the dealer.  We stopped on the way home to pick up a few things and when I got back in and started it up, there was no sound with Sirius.  AM and FM were OK.  When I got home I called them and they said to bring it back in on Tues. but I couldn't do that.  When I went outside to program Home Link, Sirius was back.  I figured that was the end of that.  Nope.  Since then, it will randomly play at start-up or not.  I called Sirius and they had me go through a whole process where I had to get out of the car and stand 35 feet away with the IA key and Bluetooth off while they rebooted the radio and sent a "stronger signal."  It was working but it stopped the next day.  :rant2: They said that if this didn't fix it, it was most likely a hardware problem and to take it back to the dealer.  I might do that Monday.  We'll be out of town again on Tuesday for a week.  More to follow.

You are making me jealous, I may just have to make a trip to the dealer

Great luck with the new one....

btw where are you on LI? We are formally from North Bellmore before relocating to FL

Edited by R2D2, 04 March 2017 - 04:33 AM.

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

#31 colinsz

colinsz

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationCambridge
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 3.0t AWD Reserve

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

OOOOOOOOO -- nice ... mine is close but not quite here. Should be within a week or so. Can't wait.

Strange about the Sirius. The dealer should have a quick fix tho a trip back so soon would be a little vexing.

Enjoy that beauty, she sounds like one fine ride.

C.

#32 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

You are making me jealous, I may just have to make a trip to the dealer

Great luck with the new one....

btw where are you on LI? We are formally from North Bellmore before relocating to FL

See my PM.

#33 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

OOOOOOOOO -- nice ... mine is close but not quite here. Should be within a week or so. Can't wait.

Strange about the Sirius. The dealer should have a quick fix tho a trip back so soon would be a little vexing.

Enjoy that beauty, she sounds like one fine ride.

C.

Thanks, Colin. You betcha, it's vexing.  It didn't even have 10 miles on it.  This beats the time when my daughter's brand new Mazda 3 threw a CEL at 50 miles. Oh, well.  It could be a something a lot worse.  First world problem, right?

IDK how fast they're going to figure this out.  I hate intermittent problems.  I'd prefer that it just stay silent.  I'll have to wait until it's not working before I make a trip to the dealer and make sure they don't shut it off.

• colinsz likes this

#34 longislander

longislander

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Select Plus Magnetic/Ebony

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, Colin. You betcha, it's vexing.  It didn't even have 10 miles on it.  This beats the time when my daughter's brand new Mazda 3 threw a CEL at 50 miles. Oh, well.  It could be a something a lot worse.  First world problem, right?

In 1999 I bought a brand new Chrysler 300M (at Bridge Chrysler in Hempstead) 6 miles from home. About 3 blocks from my house, a LOUD screeching started under the hood. I just made it to my driveway and the engine stopped. It was the serpentine drive belt. I called the dealer and they sent a flat-bed (with a Neon loaner) and brought my car to the service dept. where it was fixed the next day. My neighbors got a kick out of seeing my half-hour old car being towed away!

• colinsz likes this

#35 houtex

houtex

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Congrats drolds1. The car is pretty sweet. Lots of toys to play with. Sorry about the Sirius issues. I'm sure they'll figure it out. My Window is now rolling up and down without issue, which is a little concerning as I probably can't have it servicd now. It seemed like it was out of alignment and now all of a sudden it goes all the way down and up. Hope it does not end up being a problematic window.

#36 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

Congrats drolds1. The car is pretty sweet. Lots of toys to play with. Sorry about the Sirius issues. I'm sure they'll figure it out. My Window is now rolling up and down without issue, which is a little concerning as I probably can't have it servicd now. It seemed like it was out of alignment and now all of a sudden it goes all the way down and up. Hope it does not end up being a problematic window.

Thanks.

Let's hope that's the end of your window problem.

#37 Zalvern

Zalvern

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationOh
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Black Label

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

IDK if it's what you mean, but there is a fuel economy graph in the left toggle screen.  It's right below the trip ODOs. If you scroll down to FUEL ECONOMY and then right, there's a moving bar graph for instantaneous mpg as well as a running average.

In regards to the graph, I meant it is actually sharing less information than my 2014 Ford Fusion version does. There was actually a duration graph you could change under fuel economy.

Just seemed weird to lack features an older vehicle has. I still wish they gave us a Turbo Boost gauge like the Continental got.

Oh well, still beats the Fusion's digital joke of a tachometer at least. I grew to hate that thing.

#38 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

In regards to the graph, I meant it is actually sharing less information than my 2014 Ford Fusion version does. There was actually a duration graph you could change under fuel economy.

Just seemed weird to lack features an older vehicle has. I still wish they gave us a Turbo Boost gauge like the Continental got.

Oh well, still beats the Fusion's digital joke of a tachometer at least. I grew to hate that thing.

I know the Fusion has had that feature,  The MKZ never did.  Go figure. 

I know what you're saying.  I had a rented Fusion Titanium last year and I hated that tachometer.  Overall, I really disliked the Fusion's IP in comparison to the MKZ's,  the above feature aside.

BTW, When I got my 2014 MKZ, that bar graph didn't move at all.  They had to reprogram the cluster.

#39 houtex

houtex

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Today when I left my office and got to the parking garage, I realized I did not have my car keys with me. Not the first time it happens, but the first time it happens since I own my MKZ. I was excited that I would be able to start the car using the Lincoln Way app, and I thought I'd be able to drive home and not have to walk back to my building to get the keys.

I did not realize that while you can start the car with the app, you still need to have the key fob with you to drive it. What a disappointment that was :) What is the point of the app? All show. That feature is Pretty useless in my view without the ability to actually drive the car.

#40 Airflow

Airflow

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD Driver's Package

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

There would be some serious security issues if the car could driven without a key fob present.
  • drolds1 and Robert Iggy Cerami like this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·