TSB for Serious 3.0 Engine Problems

drolds1

From the Ford Fusion Forum today:

2017 MKZ/Continental/Fusion – 3.0L/2.7L – Rough Idle – Misfire DTCs – White Or Blue Smoke And/Or Excessive Oil Consumption – Built On Or Before 6-Oct-2016

Some 2017 MKZ/Continental/Fusion vehicles equipped with the 2.7L/3.0L engine and built on or before 6-Oct-2016 may exhibit a rough idle in neutral or park at normal operating temperature or after a hot restart, white or blue smoke from the exhaust, excessive oil consumption and/or an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306 and/or P0316. 

Suspect the cylinder heads as the cause for this issue.

If the vehicle also exhibits P0524 and/or P06DD suspect the long block as the cause for this issue.

The son of a member on another forum I belong to had the 2.7EB engine in his new F-150 replaced already.

Just noticed this. I actually had two moments of Cylinder 6 misfiring, but it was related to poor fuel quality and being tuned which is more sensitive to fuel and octane performance. Over 15,000 miles and I still enjoy my naughty hoon moments when I can!

But no other symptoms from idling or the exhaust smokes being off. Sounds like an unfortunate issue with oil and coolant going where it shouldn't be.

Edited by Zalvern