Wanted to ask you guys something. I have got a 2007 MKZ, and recently had to replace spark plugs, as mine were there for over 15K miles. Anyways, when doing the job I noticed the small plastic or hard rubber things there, one for each plug. There is written resistance in Ohms... but it's plstic. And they are so ugly already.... I googled to check what was that, and it's spark plug boots. I am wondering if these are crucial to ignition? What if I just remove them and just put plugs as is?
For now I kept the boots there, but think whether I may remove them or replace with new one perhaps (https://www.carid.com/spark-plug-boots/)?
Edited by GoodGuy77, 23 January 2017 - 02:53 AM.