Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Dash Gauge lighting - Kill auto dim

dash lighting dash lights gauges

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RealGomer

RealGomer

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNorth America
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 2.0T

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

I recently replaced my 2013 MKZ which got totaled with a 2014 MKZ with Technology package. FYI - It was kinda weird to her the car automatically call 911, and give the location along with the Geo-coordinates. I think I figured out how to kill the auto-dim feature on the radio screen by setting the screen to daylight. I cannot find the same option for the guage panel which is a royal pain in the butt. We used to have a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus that had the option to keep the dash fully lit just by turning the light knob. Since I drive with headlights on all the time and have for the past 45+ years, having the dash dim is idiotic and unsafe. Is there a way to kill this stupid action?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 4N1M4L

4N1M4L

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPHX
  • My MKZ's Year:2010
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKZ AWD

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

So in settings... no there is no way. I searched through the 2014 manual online and found bupkiss. covering a sensor would just make them dim all the time.

This might sound harsh, but have you tried not driving with the lights on all the time? The car turns the headlights on and off automatically, along with the dash lights, so they adapt to the ambient light levels the same way your eyes do. They put quite a bit of effort into making this as painless and convinient as possible. I enjoy it, along with ambient lighting. I do quite a bit of night driving though. 

Is it often overcast where you are, and the headlights don't come on when you think they should?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·