Sign in to follow this  
Airflow

When Should I Order My Z?

I'm looking to time the order of my Z with my current lease that ends April 29, 2017. I'm going with a 3.0 AWD Reserve with Driver's Package. When should I place the order?

I just spoke to the leasing manger at my dealership yesterday.  He said delivery is running at 8-10 weeks right now.  My current lease expires in 4/17.  If I want to lock in all the current incentives, I need to order by 1/3.  I'll probably place the order this week.  It doesn't matter when the car comes in. Since I'm a current Lincoln lessee, they'll waive up to 3 final payments. 

Thanks. And if they come out with better incentives after 1/3, you get what's available at time of delivery right?

Right.  It's a no-lose proposition. 

We lease a 2016 MKX. The lease going back in April is a BMW. What's this waiving last payments all about? Does the dealer or Lincoln really eat the cost and will they do that for me?!? :)

Funny, Airflow, my (2014 Cadillac CTS) lease also ends on April 29th! I am planning on ordering my 2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Select Plus with Climate Package and Revel on February 1st or thereabouts.

Was pretty sure I was going to order Magnetic but now I'm thinking Black Velvet, with Ebony interior and Aluminum trim.

Edited by longislander

We lease a 2016 MKX. The lease going back in April is a BMW. What's this waiving last payments all about? Does the dealer or Lincoln really eat the cost and will they do that for me?!? :)

Not for a another make of car.  You have to be coming off a lease of a Lincoln.  They'll waive the up to 3 payments (max of $1800) if you lease another one.

This is not be confused with dealer offers to terminate a lease on a competitive make in which they promise to make your last few payments.  You have to be careful here as some deceitful dealers have been known to roll the cost of the old lease into the new one.

Funny, Airflow, my (2014 Cadillac CTS) lease also ends on April 29th! I am planning on ordering my 2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Select Plus with Climate Package and Revel on February 1st or thereabouts.

Was pretty sure I was going to order Magnetic but now I'm thinking Black Velvet, with Ebony interior and Aluminum trim.

Good date! I can't wait for this car to go back. I really don't like it. The Z is much more comfortable, feature packed, and powerful for what will probably be around the same price.

I'm thinking Diamond Black, driver's package, tech package, climate package, and luxury package.

Not for a another make of car. You have to be coming off a lease of a Lincoln. They'll waive the up to 3 payments (max of $1800) if you lease another one.

This is not be confused with dealer offers to terminate a lease on a competitive make in which they promise to make your last few payments. You have to be careful here as some deceitful dealers have been known to roll the cost of the old lease into the new one.

Ok noted. I am going to look into this, but it sounds like my best bet is wait until mid-February to order.