I have a 2015 z hybrid and whend i slow down and stop their is a loud whine coming from the car. I think it's coming from the front.
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:20 AM
Regenerative braking systems create electricity to recharge the batteries. These work by causing the cars electric motor to run backwards. Regen braking systems can produce a low whining sound when they are applied, this is the electric motor running backwards ,this is normal on all hybrid cars. I had this sound from day one and liked this sound because it sounds futuristic to me. So there I answered my own question . Jim
Edited by jimflutes, 21 December 2016 - 10:21 AM.
- R2D2 likes this