Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy98SA

2012 MKZ remove left door panel

Need to replace interior left door handle. How to remove door panel?

There are 3 bolts along the bottom of the door you need to remove, I believe they are 7mm. There are also plastic pieces holding the door panel to the door that will need to be popped out around the outside of the door skin, they fit in pretty snug but you can get them out with a removal tool or a screwdriver if you do it carefully. Last but not least there are two bolts to remove...one is behind the door latch (behind the plastic insert), the second is behind the door panel under the window switches. The switches are a pain in the ass to get out so be careful. I believe those bolts are both 10mm.

Once all of that is done you can lift the door panel out and up and it will come off the door. As a warning, don't take off too quickly with the door skin, there will be a wire attached to the door latch that needs to be removed as well as unhooking the wired connections for the LED strip lights, speakers, red light for door locks. Any questions let me know, I have unfortunately had mine off a few times taking care of rattles.

There are 3 bolts along the bottom of the door you need to remove, I believe they are 7mm. There are also plastic pieces holding the door panel to the door that will need to be popped out around the outside of the door skin, they fit in pretty snug but you can get them out with a removal tool or a screwdriver if you do it carefully. Last but not least there are two bolts to remove...one is behind the door latch (behind the plastic insert), the second is behind the door panel under the window switches. The switches are a pain in the ass to get out so be careful. I believe those bolts are both 10mm.

Once all of that is done you can lift the door panel out and up and it will come off the door. As a warning, don't take off too quickly with the door skin, there will be a wire attached to the door latch that needs to be removed as well as unhooking the wired connections for the LED strip lights, speakers, red light for door locks. Any questions let me know, I have unfortunately had mine off a few times taking care of rattles.

The question was about a 2012.

Refer to 2010 Fusion.  MKZ is similar