Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Engine code p0354

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 CAPofMD

CAPofMD

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Lincoln MKZ-H

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

Did you have the battery disconnected for storage?   If so, it's in the "re-learn" process. Drive it for a few days with lots of starts - run a number of miles - shut off, cycles.  Then see how it runs for you.

2015 MKZ Hybrid

2005 F250 4 door LB

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 4N1M4L

4N1M4L

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPHX
  • My MKZ's Year:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKZ AWD

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Ok so I got the pcm today. Put it in and everything is running ok.. now I'm getting a code of p0171 running lean I think. Now the engine is idling like Ime having a valve issue. Is it putting like that because of the engine code. Or is it that the valves might be sticking. The car was sitting for 8 months to a year

Scotty kilmer has a video that is for that same code, and might be relevant to you. That code means too much air or not enough fuel. on my '10 the intake manifold was plastic. You can do his trick with the carb cleaner (or starting fluid) 

When i got that lean code it was also able to register that a cylinder was misfiring. I replaced that cylinder's injector (after getting confused about chevrolet cylinder numbering vs ford) and it worked fine after.

Edit: grammar

Edited by 4N1M4L, 03 December 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#23 Tlove1

Tlove1

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJersey
  • My MKZ's Year:2006
  • Current Vehicle:06 lincoln zephyr

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for you responce.. im not getting a misfire code just bank 1 being to lean... i replaced the gaskets in the intake manifold. I also sprayed every hose with carb cleaner and also the intake and all over anywhere there could be a leak, nothing. Im trying to replace the bank one oxygen sensor as we speak and see if that helps.. Also im doing a furl pressure reading tommorrow to see if there is a glogged injector or something.

#24 4N1M4L

4N1M4L

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for you responce.. im not getting a misfire code just bank 1 being to lean... i replaced the gaskets in the intake manifold. I also sprayed every hose with carb cleaner and also the intake and all over anywhere there could be a leak, nothing. Im trying to replace the bank one oxygen sensor as we speak and see if that helps.. Also im doing a furl pressure reading tommorrow to see if there is a glogged injector or something.

Any luck?

#25 Tlove1

Tlove1

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

Nothing yet.. its hard to start when its cold out andd when its been sitting. But once started it will start back up qith no promblem.. havwnt figured out the po171 code, no money. Also im hearing clanking knoning noise coming from bank 1... it only happens when the car is first started cold. Goes away within 15-30 seconds.

#26 Tlove1

Tlove1

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

So it had a vacuum leak coming from the EGR valve it was stuck open. I Replace the EGR valve and no more leaks. Car is still misfiring and I'm getting some code of p0430. Something to do with bank2 catalytic converter isn't performing properly. I don't want to replace the 400$ cat and the misfire still be there.. What should I do

#27 Tlove1

Tlove1

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

I swear I fix one code and than another pops up lol

#28 4N1M4L

4N1M4L

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

I'd probably just take it in. Cat codes could either be your cat being melted from misfired gas, or an o2 sensor, but if your just throwing parts at it then 400 might be cheap.

#29 Tlove1

Tlove1

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Well I did take it in they b said the 02 sensor is bad and also the cat. But my thing is I don't want to replace the cat if I didn't fix the misfire.. Is it safe to drive with a bad cat/02 senaor

#30 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 1,125 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

No, it isn't but see my reply in your other post.  Please don't create duplicate threads.

I'm closing this one now.  Any further discussion can be continued in the other post.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·