Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

110V Power Point will not power tablet

MKZ Hybrid 110V

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationU.S.
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:08 PM

Hello,

I have a 2017 MKZ Hybrid and I am unable to get the 110V power point to charge/power my tablet. The user manual said it should support things up to 150W. I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. My particular model only draws a maximum of 30W, and the charger is rated at 65W. In either case, this should work. And I'm wondering why it doesn't. I don't think the issue is the charging cable, because it's the same one I at home. I'm also hoping the issue isn't the power point itself--I plug in my Galaxy S7 edge phone, and that charges just fine. I just can't get my tablet to recognize that it is connected to the charger and a power source. When I start the ignition and plug it in, the green light does glow steady, indicating that it should be working. But it isn't.

‚ÄčAny suggestions?
Thanks...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ozman212

ozman212

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMiami,FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

Hello,

I have a 2017 MKZ Hybrid and I am unable to get the 110V power point to charge/power my tablet. The user manual said it should support things up to 150W. I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. My particular model only draws a maximum of 30W, and the charger is rated at 65W. In either case, this should work. And I'm wondering why it doesn't. I don't think the issue is the charging cable, because it's the same one I at home. I'm also hoping the issue isn't the power point itself--I plug in my Galaxy S7 edge phone, and that charges just fine. I just can't get my tablet to recognize that it is connected to the charger and a power source. When I start the ignition and plug it in, the green light does glow steady, indicating that it should be working. But it isn't.

‚ÄčAny suggestions?
Thanks...

Try another charger if you have one to charge your tablet to see if thats the issue. Its weird because those 110v sockets in our lincolns really hold alot of power, I myself use it to power 2 active DJ speakers and they work just fine, and I have also used it to charge my tablet with no issues. I would say switch the charger, and if that does not work, take it back to the dealer.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MKZ Hybrid, 110V

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·