Jeremy Neuringer

Moving up from Focus ST to MKZ 3.0T AWD or Fusion Sport

Looks great but lord 5 hours? I don't have that kind of time. That's why I'm going to be installing feynlabs self heal plus with topcoat so I don't have to worry too mufh about it. It should look pretty most of the time.

The seat wear concerns me though. Got any pics?

I really need to get it coated. The wife drives the heck out of this thing (8k miles in 4 months). The roads here are full of rocks, big trucks, bugs and other such paint-chipping experiences. The front already needs to be touched up in several places. I was going to do my Mustangs first, but as little as they're driven and as much as hers is, it might be time to change that.

I don't mind the time it took, it's enjoyable to me to watch it all come together in the end. Pics really don't do it much justice to be honest, that Chroma-red flame is such a cool color.

I'll get some pics of the wear tonight, definitely not happy about it. I keep the interior cleaned and conditioned, it's garage-kept, never abused, and being a Black Label, is supposed to have "upgraded" leather anyhow. The wear on the seat should not be happening. 

Stoked, I see a Mystichrome Cobra in your signature. We purchased 1996 Cobra new in the original BASF Mystic. That was a fun car to polish. My wife said "no red cars" but the color shift paint ended up attracting more attention, as subtle as it was. Now our Bronzefire MKZ will get the paint care.

Zalvern, thanks for the comments about the ACM & the cold transmission as I've had a nearly identical experience with my 2016 2.0 AWD. I didn't even know how to articulate the change in the audio chimes to the dealer, and since it doesn't really affect anything else I just choose to live with it. It only happens infrequently, and within a few starts it's back to the usual chime. There seems to be no pattern. Can anyone else comment on this?

As for the transmission, 2-3 shifts were very slow when cold & better when at full temp. Still, I told the dealer this at my 2nd oil change & they changed out the shift solenoid which did make a bit of difference. To your point, when the car has been driven for some time it shifts fine. But the first 15 minutes or so, still not great. 

My only other beef is the performance in snow, but can't really pin that on the car since there was only one bad episode & is likely a shortcoming of the Michelins. 

Regardless, I am considering another Z when my lease is up next spring as I really do think you get a lot for your $$$ and it's an all around great car. (Pano-roof is a must have for me!)

Good luck Jeremy, hope you find one you like! 

Zalvern, thanks for the comments about the ACM & the cold transmission as I've had a nearly identical experience with my 2016 2.0 AWD. I didn't even know how to articulate the change in the audio chimes to the dealer, and since it doesn't really affect anything else I just choose to live with it. It only happens infrequently, and within a few starts it's back to the usual chime. There seems to be no pattern. Can anyone else comment on this?

As for the transmission, 2-3 shifts were very slow when cold & better when at full temp. Still, I told the dealer this at my 2nd oil change & they changed out the shift solenoid which did make a bit of difference. To your point, when the car has been driven for some time it shifts fine. But the first 15 minutes or so, still not great.

My only other beef is the performance in snow, but can't really pin that on the car since there was only one bad episode & is likely a shortcoming of the Michelins.

Regardless, I am considering another Z when my lease is up next spring as I really do think you get a lot for your $$$ and it's an all around great car. (Pano-roof is a must have for me!)

Good luck Jeremy, hope you find one you like!

I think the transmission was tailored towards the older lincoln crowd. Nice smooth can't feel the shifts. Which is great if you're cruising around. But if I'm in sport mode and hammering the throttle it should shift with purpose. Not necessarily violent but they should be quick and firm. Anyone know how different these are than the 6F55 used in the SHO? I'm just curious if any updates have been made or if we could do the same exact mods those guys are doing to make the transmission survive.

Oh yeah, that gurgling heater core issue? Gone when I got new heads on my engine. So if you have that gurgling heater core issue...its a red flag for needing new heads.

The 6F55 transmission is identical to the SHO 6F55 in hardware design. Only differences is within the programming and features offered, and maybe smaller improvements to prevent old issues that were repaired on previous 6F55 years. I don't know or think there is any difference between the PP SHO and a 3.0T MKZ with Advancetrac turned off. PP SHO's if I'm correct, had the ability to turn off Advancetrac, while those without it could not. A 3.0T AWD Driver's MKZ should already come with the ability to turn off Advancetrac as a "hidden feature".

The ACM issue has got to be a software bug, and so I hope by waiting that eventually there will be an Oasis update that fixes it. I noticed there is a new offering out so I plan to get some more module updates done. Downside is, because its not detrimental to performance or able to be reliably caught by service, you do have to pay for updates out of pocket.

Performance in snow definitely will depend on tires...I still do Summer/Winter type swaps even with AWD. Just prefer that maximum touch.

Edited by Zalvern

Sorry, but what is an oasis update?

Sorry, but what is an oasis update?

Hi Coconutrob. The Ford OASIS system (Online Automotive Service Information System) is essentially the Ford and Lincoln Dealer database and diagnostic system, which a Dealer will access using your VIN or plugging into your car's OBDII port each time your car comes in for service.  Among other things, it will inform the Service Department staff of your vehicle's warranty status, service history, outstanding service issues, TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) and recall issues (if any).

Hope this helps.

Edited by bbf2530

Ok, thanks

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.