I've read that Ford substantially changed the design of the 2.0 EcoBoost for model year 2015 Ford Edge. The new design featured a twin-scroll turbo configuration and the manufacturing moved back to the U.S. I've read some conflicting info online about if this new engine was used in 2015 & newer MKZ's or if the all MKZ's 2.0 use the same design since 2013. I think it would be odd for a manufacturer to produce two different engines of the same displacement and very similar power output. I have the 2016 2.0 AWD and it's been great so far.
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
2.0 Engine - Design change in 2015?2.0 Twin Scroll
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:32 AM
The updated, twin-scroll 2.0 EB hasn't made its way to the MKZ/Fusion yet. For the 2017 MY, it's available in the Escape. That seems to be it for now.
I have no idea why it's not used across the board but then again, IDK why the 2.3EB isn't the standard engine in the MKZ either.