Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Car Has Developed a Vibration/Shake at Certain Speeds

vibration drive train ride comfort warranty alignment

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 gwsagea

gwsagea

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T FWD

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Longislander, did you ever get a solution to your vibration, I experience the same thing at exactly 73 mph on my 2017 mkz 3.0t. ?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 bord141

bord141

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ AWD 3.7

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Hey guys, 

First post here. Want to add to this thread since it just happened to me this morning. 

I have a 2013 MKZ 3.7 AWD with 68K miles. 

Started the first 10 minutes of a 5 hour road trip with the 'shimmy' occurring around 50-60mph down the highway. It almost feels like the back end of the car is sliding around and all 3 other passengers felt the same thing in the car. It got to the point of us pulling off on the first exit and making sure all the tires were intact and visually inspecting the underside to see if there was anything hanging. It happened again for the next 10-20 miles doing 60mph on a 75mph road. It finally went away about 20-30 minutes later and it never came back after driving the remainder of the trip. 

I purchased the car used about 4 months ago and this never occurred up until this morning. I did recently have a tire rotation within the past few weeks. 

It just seems odd having this shimmy occur early and never coming back again. I worry about taking it in and having the dealership not find anything. I see the rear driveshaft is something to be looked at per this thread. 

Just thought I would add my experience and I will post further updates if anything else comes up. 

#43 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 209 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZh

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

Hey guys, 

First post here. Want to add to this thread since it just happened to me this morning. 

I have a 2013 MKZ 3.7 AWD with 68K miles. 

Started the first 10 minutes of a 5 hour road trip with the 'shimmy' occurring around 50-60mph down the highway. It almost feels like the back end of the car is sliding around and all 3 other passengers felt the same thing in the car. It got to the point of us pulling off on the first exit and making sure all the tires were intact and visually inspecting the underside to see if there was anything hanging. It happened again for the next 10-20 miles doing 60mph on a 75mph road. It finally went away about 20-30 minutes later and it never came back after driving the remainder of the trip. 

I purchased the car used about 4 months ago and this never occurred up until this morning. I did recently have a tire rotation within the past few weeks. 

It just seems odd having this shimmy occur early and never coming back again. I worry about taking it in and having the dealership not find anything. I see the rear driveshaft is something to be looked at per this thread. 

Just thought I would add my experience and I will post further updates if anything else comes up. 

I would check you air pressure in the tires when the tires are cold., it almost sound like it was low but once the tires heated up from use the pressure rose and smoothed out the ride.

Another possibility (considering where you are located) would be a chunk of snow or ice temporarily affixed to a tire causing an unbalance and shimmy. It finally freed itself.

• brucelinc likes this

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vibration, drive train, ride, comfort, warranty, alignment

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·