Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Installing Sync 3 in a 2013 MKZ

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 caddydaddy25

caddydaddy25

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Philp, are you referring to the speaker in the center of the dash? If so, the cover for that speaker comes off easy. It's held in by 4 or 5 clips. You basically can use a flathead screw driver or something similar to lift up on one edge to get it started, then use your hand to unsnap the others.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 937 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:03 AM

According to the manual, the Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) must be removed before the center speaker can be removed. 

Instrument Panel Center Speaker

Removal

NOTE: Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

1. WARNING: Before beginning any service procedure, refer to Safety Warnings in General Information. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury. See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview

Refer to: Health and Safety Precautions See: Service Precautions\Health and Safety Precautions (General Information). See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview

1. Remove the FCIM (front controls interface module). Refer to: Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) See: Entertainment System Control Module\Service and Repair\Removal and Replacement\Vehicles With - THX Audio System\Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) (Information

This is a 6-step process that involves partial disassembly of the console.  If you're certain the buzzing is due to a bad speaker and still want to do this, let me know and I'll post the procedure.

#23 caddydaddy25

caddydaddy25

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Wow. When I did my sync 3 upgrade, I had to pop the clips and  remove the cover from the center speaker. I never looked inside of it once I removed it but now that i'm looking, there's a good bit of work involved. It still isn't a bad job if you follow the instructions that drolds1 posted. It took me about an hour to remove the FCIM and i'm nowhere near a mechanical type guy

Edited by caddydaddy25, 05 July 2017 - 09:06 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·