Sign in to follow this  
Cies11

'14 seats very uncomfortable?

This might sounds stupid but after 2 months of owning my 14 MKZ, my lower back hurts on and after every drive. I commute 45 mins to work.  Yesterday my wife got in the passenger seat and said 'your seats are really uncomfortable' I tried messing with the lumbar, setting it all the way out, halfway, all the way in. 

Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that.  I couldn't find anything on google so maybe its just me. 

Neither my wife or I have experienced any discomfort.

I have severe lower back issues and I'm able to adjust the seat for comfort. I have to readjust every 200 miles or so but it's not an issue for me. I don't think there is any difference between my 2013 and your 2014. I do not use the lumbar support...too painful.

Edited by hermans

I have no problem with seat discomfort.. I have taken 2 road trips over 1200 miles with my son who is 6' 2".. and have not had any back issues

Edited by Robert Iggy Cerami

My lumbar support switch stopped working.. don't know how long its been out.. have not tried to adjust it in months.. But had a little back stiffness and decided to adjust it.. but nothing happened .. Dose anyone know if it could be a fuse ? As anyone else had any problems ?

We have a 2013 MKZ and the seats are terrible! The seat cushion seems too short for the average person. Plus, the "A/C" function does not work as advertised. 

What do you mean by "not working as advertised?"

Just bought a '14 MKZ hybrid, and I have to say, it is one of the most comfortable seats I've been in. I really think they are on par with a couple of mercedes I've driven. I spent a good 20 minutes adjusting the seat using the screen. It takes a while with all the different levels for each different part of the seat. I drove back home from the dealership (3 hours) and felt better than on my drive over there. The massage seat also is pretty darn great.