Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 MKZ - Initial thoughts...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Coldones

Coldones

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMN
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

If anyone knows, I have a clarifying question regarding the optional 'Luxury Package' on the 2017 MKZ. This add-on package runs a little over 4k. The details state that this package includes the following two features:

1) Adaptive LED Headlamps and

2) Revel® Ultima® Audio System with 20 Speakers.

In reading a few posts above, it's stated that all 2017 Lincoln MKZ's come standard with Adaptive LED Headlamps. If that's the case, then why would the Adaptive LED Headlamps even be called out in that 'Luxury Package'? If they're already standard all MKZ's, then the 4k luxury package is only for a 20 speaker stereo system? Or perhaps these LED lights in the luxury package are somehow different than what comes standard?

I'm looking to put together an order for a new MKZ and replace my 2014. I really want adaptive LED headlamps, but would rather pass on a 4k stereo system if that's all it is.

Thanks in advance.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 KenZ

KenZ

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 103 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:10 AM

If anyone knows, I have a clarifying question regarding the optional 'Luxury Package' on the 2017 MKZ. This add-on package runs a little over 4k. The details state that this package includes the following two features:

In reading a few posts above, it's stated that all 2017 Lincoln MKZ's come standard with Adaptive LED Headlamps. If that's the case, then why would the Adaptive LED Headlamps even be called out in that 'Luxury Package'? If they're already standard all MKZ's, then the 4k luxury package is only for a 20 speaker stereo system? Or perhaps these LED lights in the luxury package are somehow different than what comes standard?

I'm looking to put together an order for a new MKZ and replace my 2014. I really want adaptive LED headlamps, but would rather pass on a 4k stereo system if that's all it is.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the "standard" package includes - "Adaptive HID headlamps with LED signature lighting".  

You are correct that the luxury package is the "Adaptive LED headlamp" upgrade as well as the Audio system upgrade.  

I got the luxury package on my 2017 MKZ, the sound system is quite remarkable.

#43 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

I believe the "standard" package includes - "Adaptive HID headlamps with LED signature lighting".  

You are correct that the luxury package is the "Adaptive LED headlamp" upgrade as well as the Audio system upgrade.  

I got the luxury package on my 2017 MKZ, the sound system is quite remarkable.

That's correct.  LED headlamps are now optional after being OE for 2013-2016. Not the first time Ford quietly de-contents its cars without a commensurate price decrease.

#44 Zalvern

Zalvern

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationOh
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Black Label

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

Thanks in advance.

The Revel Ultima is without a doubt one of the best OEM systems there is, and blows away folks the moments they really get to test and listen to it. 

It's rated to be more than 1200+ watts of sound power. It can get absurdly LOUD and still be crystal clear. If your ears are savvy enough to audio and a degree of being an audiophile, the notice of improvement is huge over the 14-speaker system. I keep my volume between 7 to 13 on average and that alone is powerful and loud. When I had a non-Ultima MKZ as a rental, the standard system needed to be about 14 - 20 to match volume output and then, some music was becoming distorted and raspy. The Revel Ultima will spoil the longer you get used to it compared to all other sound systems. Streaming via bluetooth is also very nice quality and doesn't seem to be a downgrade in sound like it can be in other sound systems in cars. I didn't feel thumb stick was any better, so that says a lot there too.

Going back to the headlights: Being LED means longer lifespan and maintenance free as they will most likely last the life of the car. HID bulbs last long as well, though may change in output and color as time goes on. No warm up time required for full LED power and it is always instant and unaffected by temperature as much like HIDs can be. Not to mention they look cooler in my opinion with the 6-snake eye style. HID appear to be warm white while the LEDs are pure/cool white but not too "blue" like on some cars. Makes the MKZ a lot more "intimidating" and helps with getting slower drivers to move over  :lol:

So going with the luxury package, while it seems to only upgrade headlights and sound system...does improve them very greatly and not regretted for those who value such aspects.

#45 Drwilsc

Drwilsc

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Reserve AWD

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

I too have the luxury package but have driven/heard the non-luxury 14-speaker system. No comparison. The Ultima system is worth the upgrade.

#46 Blackbr

Blackbr

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

Curious to hear how the base stereo compares with the $1,180 Revel upgrade.  I'm an audiophile but $4K is a pinch steep for the full bore version....

#47 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Curious to hear how the base stereo compares with the $1,180 Revel upgrade.  I'm an audiophile but $4K is a pinch steep for the full bore version....

No comparison. I love my 20-Speaker Revel Ultima Audio system. I've never heard a better OEM system... not even from Bose. They get incredibly loud, but they're extremely clear. There's absolutely no distortion whatsoever, except on a very small percentage of bass-heavy songs. I have 10,000+ mp3s on a flash drive and have rarely ever heard any distortion.

#48 newlinux

newlinux

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Black Label 3.0 MKZ

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

My personal opinion is that it is very good, but not great by what I've done to some of my previous cars with aftermarket solutions. Part of that is due to limited control of audio systems settings. But for a factory system it is very good. Suffers most to me on bass (especially low end), but I would expect that from any factory system compared to systems with custom built sub enclosures. I can't compare it to the lesser expensive option as I've never heard it. If you don't listen to music with heavy low end bass I think this system sounds clear and excellent through high volumes.

#49 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

It is steep.  If you want LED headlights you have to opt for that package (or Black Label).  LED headlights were standard equipment on the MKZ for  2013-2016!

I didn't go for it either.  I got the "entry Level" Revel.  Having driven a 2017 loaner with the base system, my opinion is that there's no comparison if you consider yourself and audiophile. 

#50 Blackbr

Blackbr

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is my lease doesn't end until 9/14. Lincoln can waive the last three payments but not the last six.

I'm actually blessed to be renting a new Continental right now. Great car but I like a little smaller. Will be a perfect car for my wife. Even so, with this car I am coming to three conclusions:

Revel upgrade is probably essential. The Conti has the base and it's no better than my SE Fusion.

I want the V6.

I don't need the nav. Used my phone with CarPlay and it worked great.

#51 longislander

longislander

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Select Plus Magnetic/Ebony

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:36 AM

If you want the blind-spot monitoring system, it only comes packaged with Nav. That package is optional on Select and standard on Reserve.

#52 Blackbr

Blackbr

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

Nah, can save $1200 and look over my shoulder. Old school.

#53 Franglaisman

Franglaisman

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • LocationFrance
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

Nah, can save $1200 and look over my shoulder. Old school.

;)

#54 KenZ

KenZ

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 103 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

I started this thread almost a year ago.  My fully loaded 2017 MKZ 3.0 now has 6,696 miles and was picked up for it's first service.  The pickup at my home went off without a hitch.  I scheduled it thru the Lincoln Way App and was kept up to date via text. The text just before pickup included a link that showed me what the driver would look like, etc.

The car they brought me was also a 2017 MKZ, but was a 2.0 Select model with minimal options.  It has made me appreciate my car so much more!  It is sort of weird to be driving the "same" car, but yet have it be so much different.  

Biggest difference is the 3.0 vs 2.0.  Although the 2.0 is pretty peppy, I do miss squealing the tires every once in a while!   I am surprised at the gas mileage though, I would have expected the 2.0 to be much better.  Although I did not buy gas to check the mileage officially, the dash mileage was lower than I get on my 3.0.    

I really missed the panoramic roof.  Although I don't have it "open air" in the hot summers, I usually leave the inside sunscreen open.  It is amazing how cramped the inside feels without the expanse of glass as the roof.

I also missed the automatic wipers.  I also missed the upgraded Revel Optima sound system and I definitely missed the air-conditioned seats! .  

The biggest shock was having to manually open and close the trunk.  While the button releases the latch, it doesn't smoothly open.  Nor is there a button to close it.  While out making several shopping stops, I kept reaching for the "close" button.  

I have to say that at one year later, I love my MKZ even more than when I first bought it...

#55 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Those are pretty much my thoughts as well when driving the loaner.  Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what a difference! I do love this car.  This my 4th MKZ.  I liked the others but this one is in a league of its own.

#56 riff raff

riff raff

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7L

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

The auto trunk feature is the one thing that impresses my colleagues the most about the car.  A kick open sure would be the icing on the cake. 

Al

#57 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

The auto trunk feature is the one thing that impresses my colleagues the most about the car.  A kick open sure would be the icing on the cake. 

My wife says that's her favorite thing.  It does come in handy when you're laden down with packages and can get just a thumb loose to close the trunk.  Bonus: he button is lighted on the 2017.  It wasn't on my '14 and you couldn't always see it in he dark.  One of the numerous detail improvements to the '17. 

Yes, foot kick operation would be icing on the cake.

#58 longislander

longislander

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Select Plus Magnetic/Ebony

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Funny...if I open my trunk even once a month that would be a lot!

#59 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

I started this thread almost a year ago.  My fully loaded 2017 MKZ 3.0 now has 6,696 miles and was picked up for it's first service.  

Wait...a year and 6,696 miles!? I'm at 11 months and 17,113 miles. You need to take more trips.

Or maybe I need to sit down somewhere. LMBO

• Robert Iggy Cerami likes this

#60 Drwilsc

Drwilsc

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Reserve AWD

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

I think getting the 'high-end' version is important on a lot of car models. I love my well-equipped 3.0T reserve AWD.

I've actually found the trunk close button to be a bit finicky. Sometimes if I don't move my hand away fast enough it will beep and the trunk will go back to being fully open.
I also turned the automatic wipers off because I found them to be too sensitive and swipe too rapidly and when not really needed.

I actually only have about 6700 miles after 11 months as well.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·