Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 MKZ orders

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#41 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationLake Orion, MI
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:Ordered 2017 MKZ reserve 3.0T drivers package

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Great!  So you should be on target for a build date next week based on the date (6/28/16) on the bottom of your window sticker.

Apparently, UAW agreements don't apply in Mexico. ;)

Yeah I was surprised a bit.

Btw, I see your a Mod here... any chance you can get someone to add MY '17 and add the 3.0T option for the my MKZ dropdowns?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

Dude, that is a major bummer... and very strange.  It makes sense that you have an earlier VIN since I didn't place my order until June 13. 

Maybe my dealership does have a decent amount of pull (reference above post regarding first salesman) and did say they were attempting to expedite my build as much as they could.

but yeah that is a bummer you don't have your window sticker yet.

The VIN sequence does not necessarily dictate build date order.  In addition, dealers have a numbering system they use to assign priority to build dates.  Since your dealer was trying to expedite your order, they may have assigned it a lower number (higher priority).

There's a lot to the Ford ordering system. If you're in the mood to read, this was posted by a Ford salesperson in another forum.  It uses F-series trucks as the example but that makes no material difference.

#43 17MKZ30T

17MKZ30T

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationDelano, MN.
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T 2008 F150, 1966 Fairlane 500 hdtp

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

Dude, that is a major bummer... and very strange.  It makes sense that you have an earlier VIN since I didn't place my order until June 13. 

Maybe my dealership does have a decent amount of pull (reference above post regarding first salesman) and did say they were attempting to expedite my build as much as they could.

but yeah that is a bummer you don't have your window sticker yet.

Ordered mine May 25th, but I don't think the dealer got it entered until after Memorial Day, like June 1st or 2nd.

You are right about some dealers having more pull than others usually based on how many cars they sell in a given year.

I had a dealer order a car for me one time and used one of their allocations to expedite the order

which I guess gives it a higher priority than a customer or retail order.

This dealer didn't offer that nor did I ask for it.

Edited by 17MKZ30T, 01 July 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#44 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLake Orion, MI

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:28 PM

Got the latest status from the concierge tonight.  It shows at "Trim Line" not sure if thats the start or end... but its different then "order status"

#45 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationU.S.
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

My dealership has been giving me the runaround. I ordered my 2017 MKZ Black Label on April 8. On June 15, the sales manager told me that my car "has been built." The ETA for delivery to the dealership was June 27-28. Well...that's been more than a week ago. I keep calling (nearly everyday) to get a status update and see why the delivery estimate was missed and what's going on. I've spoken to several salespeople, as well as the sales manager, and the general manager. They always say that it could show up any day on the truck with new deliveries...and that they'd go up and check and call me back and let me know something either way. But then I never get a call back...not one time. So I call back the next day and repeat the same process. I'm not really getting any answers or new information. The orginial salesperson who made the order for me has been out for over a month, recovering from a surgery...and he's the one I want to speak to. But I wouldn't dare disturb him on his cell while he's recuperating. So when I call and ask for him, I'm just transferred to whomever is available, or the sales manager. I don't have an order number...let alone a VIN. I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on that I don't know about. No one is giving me any updated information or an explanation, but they keep assuring me that they very much are concerned and want/need to earn my business. Based on the ETA of June 27-28...I have already sold my current car and transferred the title. The person I sold it to is nice enough to let me keep driving it in hopes that my MKZ shows up at anyday. I know they are probably tired of me calling everyday. I'm tempted to just drive over there in the morning, but I don't want to be a nuisance. At this point, I'm beyond frustrated and tempted to take my money to Lexus or Audi...and settling for one of my 2nd choices for a new vehicle. Or...just go to the other Lincoln dealer in my area and place another order and wait 12 more weeks. :(

#46 longislander

longislander

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Select Plus Magnetic/Ebony

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

FWIW I'm sure the dealer is as anxious to get your car delivered as you are. The salesman, manager, etc. don't build or transport the car. You can bet that when they have news for you, you'll hear about it!

#47 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

FWIW I'm sure the dealer is as anxious to get your car delivered as you are. The salesman, manager, etc. don't build or transport the car. You can bet that when they have news for you, you'll hear about it!

True...but at the end of the day, if the customer doesn't feel valued, it's all for naught.

I know the cars are transported via Norfolk Southern rail...and the yard where all the new cars are unloaded is about 5 minutes from my house. The most direct route from the rail yard to the interstate (and eventually to dealerships) passes the street behind my house. So I see trucks delivering new cars all day when I'm sitting on my back patio. Plus, I called Norfolk Southern and I was told that once cars arrive, they use one haulaway carrier, exclusively, to transport cars to dealerships. So I called that company and the manager confirmed that each truck is tracked via GPS. I was told that if at anytime a dealer wanted a status, all they had to do was call with the last 6 digits of the VIN, and they could know exactly which truck it's on, who the driver is, where it was located, and what is the ETA. Now from the customer's perspective...if the ETA was June 27-28, and it's still not here on July 5, the sales manager could make a call on my behalf and find out what the heck is going on. Granted, I haven't technically purchased the car yet, but I did give them a small amount of money to guarantee that once it arrived, they would not sell it to anyone else, unless I took a look at it and changed my mind about purchasing for some reason. I don't understand why someone won't look into this for me. I'm really starting to feel something is going on behind the scene--information that I'm not privy to. This is frustrating...even if something unexpected or beyond their control has happened...don't keep the customer in the dark!! I've been searching at other dealerships across the country. If I find one EXACLTLY like what I ordered, I'm just going to get a one-way flight and go purchase it there. So far, I haven't had any luck...and the inventory search on Lincoln.com is pretty much useless. I've found a few that come close, but nothing with the exact colors/features I had ordered. This is getting ridiculous...

And what's makes it even more upsetting...there was a nice $1,250 incentive on 2017 Black Label MKZs. But it expires TODAY, July 5. Hopefully a bigger one is coming in the next few days. Sigh...

Edited by Myron D. Brown, 06 July 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#48 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

I don't get why you don't have an order number or a VIN.  If it was built, they should have a VIN to give you.

#49 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:01 AM

I never bothered to write down the order number initially. The first 11 weeks or so, I didn't really bother them much about it, the salesman updated me at the end of each week...then went out for surgery. And once I started getting anxious, I was going to call and find out the VIN so that I could track its progress. But that was when the sales manager told me it had been built and was expected June 27-28. So I didn't bother to ask. So I'm sure there IS a VIN...

#50 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

At the very least, the sales manager should have no problem giving you the VIN, if there is one. Then you can track it yourself.

No way treat a customer.

#51 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLake Orion, MI

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Looks like builds are moving. Ford ETIS now shows a build date of 7-5-2016 for mine. Until this morning I had the typical 11.30.0002

#52 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLake Orion, MI

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Checked again today....  Same status.  Guy said to check back after the 4th of July Holiday...  

Grey.. any word on yours being shipped?

#53 17MKZ30T

17MKZ30T

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationDelano, MN.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

I've been randomly entering 3.0T VINs from dealer orders I see on Cars.com into the

Fordetis website and I see build dates all the way from late May to now.

I see that none of these cars have made it to any of the dealers yet.

I've also done the inventory search on the Lincoln website and all the 3.0T models

show "dealer ordered" which means they don't have the cars yet.

I check almost everyday to see if any cars have shown up at any dealers, none that I have found so far.

#54 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

I've been randomly entering 3.0T VINs from dealer orders I see on Cars.com into the

Fordetis website and I see build dates all the way from late May to now.

I see that none of these cars have made it to any of the dealers yet.

I've also done the inventory search on the Lincoln website and all the 3.0T models

show "dealer ordered" which means they don't have the cars yet.

I check almost everyday to see if any cars have shown up at any dealers, none that I have found so far.

​I've been doing a similar search on any Black Label models. I see many dealers have them in their inventories as "on order," but none have shown up yet as "in stock."

#55 17MKZ30T

17MKZ30T

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationDelano, MN.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

I guess at least we know nobody, even dealers are getting cars yet. I'm hoping mine will be here in August, but that may be optimistic since all I have is a VIN, no build date yet.

#56 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

I guess at least we know nobody, even dealers are getting cars yet. I'm hoping mine will be here in August, but that may be optimistic since all I have is a VIN, no build date yet.

A​ll four dealers closest to me have some in stock--I've actually been by and seen them on the lot. In fact, the dealer I ordered from has already sold three 2017s. I just haven't seen a single dealer (anywhere) with any 3.0L engines or Black Label trims in stock. You think Lincoln is purposely delaying these?

​Look at www.crestlincoln.com. They show 133 (2017-Model) MKZs in their inventory. They're all still "on order." Only three are actually in stock. So they're slowly making their way places.

#57 Grey03

Grey03

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Current Vehicle:GT500

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

Grey.. any word on yours being shipped?

I talked to the Lincoln concierge yesterday and was told my car should arrive between mid July/beginning of August. I specifically asked if it has been shipped and he wouldn't / couldn't tell me. Like anything it depends on who you talk too, some are more forth coming than others. I will try my dealer later this week.
  • schteve likes this

#58 17MKZ30T

17MKZ30T

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationDelano, MN.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

A​ll four dealers closest to me have some in stock--I've actually been by and seen them on the lot. In fact, the dealer I ordered from has already sold three 2017s. I just haven't seen a single dealer (anywhere) with any 3.0L engines or Black Label trims in stock. You think Lincoln is purposely delaying these?

​Look at www.crestlincoln.com. They show 133 (2017-Model) MKZs in their inventory. They're all still "on order." Only three are actually in stock. So they're slowly making their way places.

My dealer has2017  2.0T cars but no 3.0T cars

#59 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLake Orion, MI

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

I talked to the Lincoln concierge yesterday and was told my car should arrive between mid July/beginning of August. I specifically asked if it has been shipped and he wouldn't / couldn't tell me. Like anything it depends on who you talk too, some are more forth coming than others. I will try my dealer later this week.

#60 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLake Orion, MI

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

I checked with concierge also and mine is "awaiting shipment" I have to wonder if ford / Lincoln is holding them to arrive in August for some odd reason? It would seem to be counter intuitive since 2.0t and hybrids have been arriving. But based on what I have dug up ... Seems as though a LOT of folks and based on my random/unscientific approach and check random dealerships around the US. There are exactly ZERO 3.0t's in stock anywhere. And I have yet to hear of one person getting one in their hot little hands on one.

In addition you would think they would not want these things sitting not making money. Somewhat baffling..

Edited by schteve, 09 July 2016 - 12:32 PM.

• Grey03 likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·