The Official Lincoln MKZ Club Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - the largest Lincoln MKZ forum discussion board and the official home of the Lincoln MKZ Club.

Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Click here to become a Lincoln MKZ Official Club Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Keypad Factory Code

MKZ 2010

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lbarzin

lbarzin

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Region:U.S. Northeast Region
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • My MKZ's Year:2010
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Just bought a 2010 MKZ and am really happy with it - spent some time yesterday trying to get the factory code for the keypad so I can set a personal code, but since I am not the first owner and don't have the wallet card, I couldn't get started.  Called my local Lincoln dealer and they said - "Sure - bring the car and $60 dollars in and we'll retrieve it for you".  Not thrilled with that response I looked around the internet and found the answer in the Mercury Milan forum.  Get an extendable inspection mirror from your local hardware store for a few bucks and extend it up under the dashboard just to the left of the steering wheel. Next to and slightly above the fuse box there are a bunch of modules but only one will have a 5-digit number on a white sticker. You need the mirror to read it, but with the mirror it took me less than 30 seconds.

Also - the printed documentation for setting the personal codes leaves out one critical step. You to have the key in the ignition to set a personal code (I left the sunroof open during the process  just in case I locked it by mistake). Once I did that the process went as advertised. Hope this helps someone out there and saves them the $50-60 that the unhelpful dealers wanted.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ctrcbob

ctrcbob

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • My Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKZ, 2013 Avalon Limited

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Great tip.

Bob CTRC
USN Ret.

Mt. Dora, FL (It Could Be Worse)
Penfield, NY (A Nice Suburb)
Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

2011 MKZ
2013 Avalon Limited

#3 kendarake

kendarake

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Region:U.S. Northeast Region
  • LocationFrederick, Md
  • My MKZ's Year:2008
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, My dealer wants $30, so I'll have a steak dinner instead...lol

#4 MKZMAX

MKZMAX

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Region:U.S. Pacific Coast Region
  • LocationUnited States
  • My MKZ's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

The above procedure for finding the Keypad Factory Code worked perfectly for my 2011 MKZ.  I can verify it works quick and easy. 

If you want to try it, be prepared to read the numerals in mirror image, while lying on your back on the drivers side floor mat, one tool in each hand, with feet out the door on the garage floor.  

Tools used: Inspection mirror with adjustable ball in socket joint and 8" handle. Small hand held LED flashlight. One tool for each hand.

Use mirror to find the five digit black on white tag as indicated in the original post.  You will see the digits mirror inverted.

Don't forget to have a paper pad and pencil handy within reach while you're on your back on the floor mat.  Then record the code on paper.

Next get out and lock the car.  Punch in the code on the front door keypad and click-click it works.

If the car does not unlock, the probably the previous owner changed the code.  Time to call the Lincoln service guys. 

Cheers

#5 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 160 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7 AWD

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

If the car does not unlock, the probably the previous owner changed the code.  Time to call the Lincoln service guys. 

Cheers

Entering a personal code does not override the factory code.  The factory code will always work.  It cannot be "changed" by the owner.

OM:

The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.

#6 Davisjl

Davisjl

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

Don't know about the 2010, but the 2014 you can do it if you have both intelligent access keys.

Remove the rubber covering in the cup holder, place first key in the backup slot. Press Start Stop and wait a few seconds. Press Start/Stop again and remove key. Insert the second key into the back slot then press start/stop. The factory code will be displayed in the information display in a few seconds...

Page 69-70 of my manual.

Edited by Davisjl, 24 July 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#7 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 160 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7 AWD

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Don't know about the 2010, but the 2014 you can do it if you have both intelligent access keys.

Remove the rubber covering in the cup holder, place first key in the backup slot. Press Start Stop and wait a few seconds. Press Start/Stop again and remove key. Insert the second key into the back slot then press start/stop. The factory code will be displayed in the information display in a few seconds...

Page 69-70 of my manual.

The pre-2013s don't have that capability.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MKZ, 2010