The Official Lincoln MKZ Club Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - the largest Lincoln MKZ forum discussion board and the official home of the Lincoln MKZ Club.

Like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Keypad Factory Code

MKZ 2010

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lbarzin

lbarzin

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Region:U.S. Northeast Region
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • My MKZ's Year:2010
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Just bought a 2010 MKZ and am really happy with it - spent some time yesterday trying to get the factory code for the keypad so I can set a personal code, but since I am not the first owner and don't have the wallet card, I couldn't get started.  Called my local Lincoln dealer and they said - "Sure - bring the car and $60 dollars in and we'll retrieve it for you".  Not thrilled with that response I looked around the internet and found the answer in the Mercury Milan forum.  Get an extendable inspection mirror from your local hardware store for a few bucks and extend it up under the dashboard just to the left of the steering wheel. Next to and slightly above the fuse box there are a bunch of modules but only one will have a 5-digit number on a white sticker. You need the mirror to read it, but with the mirror it took me less than 30 seconds.

Also - the printed documentation for setting the personal codes leaves out one critical step. You to have the key in the ignition to set a personal code (I left the sunroof open during the process  just in case I locked it by mistake). Once I did that the process went as advertised. Hope this helps someone out there and saves them the $50-60 that the unhelpful dealers wanted.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ctrcbob

ctrcbob

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • My Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKZ, 2013 Avalon Limited

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:21 AM