the car sometimes does not recognize the fob. If I walk away for a few seconds and walk back towards the car it will recognize it then (sometimes). Also, there has been a couple times when I try to unlock the door and it does not "link up" to the fob. Any ideas? The dealership where I purchased the car is at a loss on reasons why.
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Key Fob dosen't work consistently
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:12 AM
I feel your pain as I have a related experience for which I'm looking for help.
I own a 2014 MKZ and have experienced the issue with the intellegent key keyless entry system since day one. Between 15% - 20% of the time the keyless entry system does not work properly (usually when my hands are full). The problem is seen when both locking and unlocking the car. The doors will lock/unlock by clicking the fob.
Here's a few more tidbits:
- it happens with both fobs (even with fresh batteries)
- weather doesn't seem to be a factor it happens year round (I'm in Minnesota)
- my dealer hasn't heard of this issue before and can't duplicate it. They actually suggested that I bring the car to them when it happens (really??? - obviously not an issue at that point) They've replaced a sensor or two to no avail.
Beyond this issue we love the car. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.
Edited by MN_MKZ, 19 March 2016 - 01:04 PM.
Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:39 PM
I've had this issue but rarely.
There are a few locations where it occurs about 90% of the time. I chalk that up to possible RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) at that particular location. At times it will also display "No key detected" but it starts just fine. I can also lock/unlock the doors using the key fob.
Does is always happen at the same places?
Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:27 PM
The No key detected happened to me twice on vacation once it took a call to road side support to tell me where to place the key so the system would work. They also said to take the car to the dealer to have them reprogram the keys . This is very frustrating when you are sitting at a gas station and the car will not start then the alarm goes off and you can not shut it off.