Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
08 MKZ misfire and ac not working
Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:27 PM
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:10 PM
- drolds1 likes this
Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:23 AM
Have you inspected the coil on that cylinder? Is it blistered, burnt or cracked? Did you try swapping coils to see if that cylinder fires with a known good COP?
You haven't mentioned if the CEL is lit. If so, what are the code(s)?
What usually happened with these is that a bad coil took out the ECM, not the other way around. There was a TSB for coil/ECM failures in certain instances.
As 4N1M4L states, don't drive the car with a misfire. You don't want to be paying for catalytic converters on top of the existing problem.