UPDATE: I had the upgraded modem installed in my car today. It appears to be working well so far.
I dropped off my car at my dealership at about 8 AM. The SA was a different person than the girl I had last week. Talk about clueless, this gal wasn’t even aware that there was a Lincoln app, much less the connectivity features of the car. I explained to her why Lincoln was doing this upgrade and she seemed to understand. The Service Manager (also clueless but a bit less so than the SA) actually brought the new modem in for me to see. Picture of it is below.
One of the lot boyz drove me to my office and I waited for the work to be done. I was monitoring my iPhone 6S and the Lincoln Mobile App during the repair. About 2 hours in, the app could not make a connection and was timing out. I surmised that this was due to the old modem being removed during the upgrade. Then, at about noon, I checked the app again and it said Verifying or words to that effect. I checked the Status panel and it was active, and included an Oil Life indicator (had not seen that before!). At about 2 PM there was a message on the App saying it had verified my car and was ready for use. Yay!
I returned to the dealership and tested the new modem before leaving. I tried a remote start from my iPhone, and the car started up in about 15 seconds. Engine shut-down took about 5 seconds. This is MUCH faster than the previous modem which would have taken 45-60 seconds for the same task. Locking the car takes about 5 seconds. Updates take only about 15 seconds. The new speed is great, and worthwhile if you have a car with the embedded modem.
The new modem is identified as CPPM ESN T57R0081. To see this, on the touchscreen, touch the sprocket at the bottom, then touch Help, then System Information, and go to the second page. I think it’s the last item.
And, as luck would have it, just today I received the official letter from Lincoln advising me of the upgrade. Better late than never, I guess.
Edited by tgara, 25 February 2016 - 06:05 PM.