Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Mode door mechanical failure b1086 :07
9 replies to this topic
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:48 AM
Oops! I read your post wrong. Sorry.
Here's what a Ford electrical tech on on another forum I belong to said:
Not true. The mode door actuator only requires the removal of the pedals. Having said that, it's far more likely that you have a door sticking (usually caused by a foam gasket in the box sliding out of place and gluing the door in one position). The mode door actuator turns an eccentric wheel that operates 2 separate doors, sounds like the vent door is stuck. To deal with THAT you will probably have to pull the console, shifter and dash.
- 4N1M4L likes this