Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

If you're waiting for an MKZ, here's how to tell when your car is built...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EricNewman

EricNewman

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:Lexus LS430

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Ok,

If you're like me, and ordered an MKZ, you're probably going crazy from the lack of useful information coming from your dealer. It seems the internet knows a lot  more than the average guy, so here's some tips I have found that helped me go less crazy:

#1 Get your VIN. If there's no VIN on your vehicle yet, you've got a long way to go. I'm afraid, you've got a while to go.

#2 The dealer should be able to pull the VIN once your order is processed... You might have to ask him more than once... It takes a couple of weeks after the order apparently... Once you have the VIN, keep trying it at this web site:

http://fordlabels.we...icker.aspx?vin=3LN6XXXXXXXXXXXX

using your VIN number (replace the red numbers with your VIN...). You'll probably get various error messages, but mainly VIN NOT FOUND, so I'd try about once a day... Magically, after about 2 weeks or so, the VIN number will suddenly start to work. Apparently this happens when the vehicle is now actually scheduled to be built soon. It's very reassuring to see your window sticker pop up.

#3 Now that you have a VIN, register for a Sync account here:

http://www.syncmyride.com

Once there, create a new car, using your VIN number above. You may get errors that this VIN number doesn't exist.

#4 On this web site, periodically check the "Sync Updates" feature. Until there's actually a car out there, you'll get errors... But magically, about 10 days after you get the VIN, possibly sooner, the Sync updates will start showing what Sync version your car has, and what updates are already installed.

About two days after this started working for me, I got an email from my dealer that my car was completed, and was in shipping... The current expectation is about 20 days... I'll keep you posted....

At least for me it was nice to see that there was finally a car out there with my name on it :)

Edited by EricNewman, 27 March 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 robertlane

robertlane

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 447 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:GT500KR, E350, Shelby Terlingua

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Pretty nifty trick with the Ford window sticker - I've been using that link for a long time! :)

Lincoln MKZ Forum Help Guides

Easy tutorial guide.

Forum software help guide.

#3 cb845

cb845

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPA
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Thanks! This worked for me and I found my sync was updated on 4/23. Dealer told me my expected ship date is 5/14. Do you think it could ship sooner?

#4 robertlane

robertlane

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 447 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:GT500KR, E350, Shelby Terlingua

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thanks! This worked for me and I found my sync was updated on 4/23. Dealer told me my expected ship date is 5/14. Do you think it could ship sooner?

It could ship sooner - those are just estimates and Lincoln wants those MKZs out there to their owners.

Lincoln MKZ Forum Help Guides

Easy tutorial guide.

Forum software help guide.

#5 fumar86

fumar86

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSavannah
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Toyota Prius C

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Question....I  registered the MKZ with sync the car was invoiced July 2th but I have these messages:

I dont have the car yet I am hoping the dealer calls or emails me sometime soon, but should I go ahead and and log back on to sync and activate the complimentary SYNC Service along with the Vehicle Health Report? :headspin:

#6 fpliptak

fpliptak

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:On Order

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

I tried the link (with my VIN supplied by the dealership today) and got this

Car Shopper Window Sticker Request 

OEM-BNR.jpg
  • If you are a customer with a preferred dealership, please contact your local Ford or Lincoln dealer to request access to this window sticker.

What do I do now?

#7 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 348 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:26 AM

I downloaded mine directly from my dealer's web site. My dealer apparently allows anyone to download the window sticker for any new car in stock.

Edited by JoeBrown, 17 January 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#8 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 943 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Apparently, they've changed the procedure.  You can still, however, get a wealth of information by entering you VIN into Ford ETIS.  Click on 'Vehicle' and enter your VIN.

• fpliptak likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·