Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Power folding mirrors

mirrors rearview power

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 crushalot

crushalot

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationRaleigh
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Drivers, Tech, Luxury Packages

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

It has happened twice to me in my 2017 3.0 AWD.  First time I had just entered a highway and the mirrors folded.  I was able to push the button and they unfolded.

Second time was this morning after I started my car the mirrors folded back (they weren't folded when I started the car as I leave it unlocked in the garage), I used the button to manually unfold them before backing out of my driveway.

Starting to be a concern for me.  If it happens once more I am going to take it in for service.  

DeeCee, please post back with an update after they service yours.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 DeeCee

DeeCee

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationHot Springs Village, Arkansas
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

It has happened twice to me in my 2017 3.0 AWD.  First time I had just entered a highway and the mirrors folded.  I was able to push the button and they unfolded.

Second time was this morning after I started my car the mirrors folded back (they weren't folded when I started the car as I leave it unlocked in the garage), I used the button to manually unfold them before backing out of my driveway.

Starting to be a concern for me.  If it happens once more I am going to take it in for service.  

DeeCee, please post back with an update after they service yours.

Will do.

#23 DeeCee

DeeCee

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHot Springs Village, Arkansas
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Had my service appointment today.

A few days ago I decided to try the push button and after holding it down the mirrors clunked and then started to fold normally. the auto fold and unfold then functioned normally. I told the service advisor what I had done and things were back to normal. They did check for any error codes but found none. They did write up a report about what happened and advised me that should it happen again, if possible, go to the nearest Ford/Lincoln dealer immediately and have them check it out before anything else is done.

At least I have an official dealer's  report documenting the original problem of folding while underway.

• Robert Iggy Cerami likes this

#24 justdgoodz

justdgoodz

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 2.0L EcoBoost 4-cyl AWD

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

There is a software mod you can do. I posted about it in the modification section. Anytime I lock my doors on my 2015, fold-in. Unlock, fold-out. Its a good visual indicator for me that I locked the car.

http://lincolnmkzfor...at-2gfusionnet/

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·