Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Using a Floor Jack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cpq100

cpq100

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

Has anyone attempted to use a floor jack?  I know a jack pad is required and have seen several advertised that may work but I really wanted to hear from someone who has actually used one to lift an MKZ.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationStockbridge , MA
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZh

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

Yes I have used a floor jack .My car is the MKZh 2013. There is a rail that runs along underneath  each side of the car , the floor jack pad has to fit into the rail , if not it will crush it when you lift the car. I got a hockey puck and carved a slot down the middle of it about half way down into the puck, then I placed it on the flat jack pad , then jacked the pad up to the rail and made sure the slot on the puck fitted onto the rail , then jacked the car up with no problem. You have to use a low profile jack which is lower to the ground then a regular one . When I used a regular one I damaged the side skirt because the car is so low. Also a scissor jack will work. Good luck and be careful , Jim

• JoeBrown likes this

#3 Mark95man

Mark95man

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationMaricopa, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ Hybrid & 2014 Navigator 4X4

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

I purchased two pinch weld adapters for my floor jacks. They install on the jack location under the car. The floor jack then lifts the car via the pinch weld adapters. As was stated, if you do not use some sort of adapter, you'll damage the pinch weld. Since it's not worth the time to drive to the dealership for the free oil changes & tire rotations, I do it myself and use Mobil 1 5W20--the dealership wanted $70 for Mobil 1 oil changes on those "free" included oil changes. My cost with new Motorcraft filter, under $15 when supplies are purchased on sale.

#4 cpq100

cpq100

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

I will try using a hockey puck but if that does not work what type of adapters did you buy and where did you purchase them?

#5 Mark95man

Mark95man

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationMaricopa, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ Hybrid & 2014 Navigator 4X4

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:39 AM

I will try using a hockey puck but if that does not work what type of adapters did you buy and where did you purchase them?

Here's a link to the type I purchased. I would recommend that you use this information to shop around for the best price. They are sold as one, two or four pieces: http://www.amazon.co...ch weld adapter. I purchased mine either on eBay or Amazon 18 months ago. There are many different types availalbe.

Edited by Mark95man, 15 November 2015 - 07:40 AM.

#6 riff raff

riff raff

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7L

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:31 AM

I jack my 2014 (3.0L) under the motor mount, center of the car, directly under the engine.  I put jack stands on the suspension mount points.  My floor jack barely fits under the car because of the underbody cover, but it does.  The newer "low-boy" jacks would probably work even easier.  Getting that underbody cover off is a PITA, I wonder how long till I just leave it off....

Al

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·