Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tracking the build date and rail shipment on new MKZ

Lincoln will track your VIN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bdegrand

bdegrand

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationiowa
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

I ordered my MKZ September 1st and it was built on September 21st. Research Maniacs website will supply your window sticker. I called Lincoln sales to inquire on my delivery to dealer, since it was shipped rail from the plant. I was impressed at how helpful they were. I was told delivery could be by this Friday, but they would verify and call me back this Thursday with the information. The Lincoln Concierge rep gave me her personal extension to call if I had any questions and she thanked me for buying a new Lincoln. Wow.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 hermans

hermans

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZh 2015 MKC AWD & 2016 Edge TI

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

They have the rail car number. You can look up the rail company and track where it's at. I had fun doing that with three of my cars....Ford and Lincoln.

#3 bdegrand

bdegrand

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationiowa
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:49 PM

They have the rail car number. You can look up the rail company and track where it's at. I had fun doing that with three of my cars....Ford and Lincoln.

I actually worked at Ford in vehicle operations, so I am familiar with the process..and it was a great job. UPS logistics now handles vehicle distribution for Ford. After the railcar arrives in Michigan, the vehicles are offloaded and eventually transported via haulaway carriers to the dealers. I will see how well the Lincoln Concierge rep does with locating my delivery. She said she would call me Thursday.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·