Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

MKZ motor options

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 brucelinc

brucelinc

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Oh my, there is no comparison between the 2.0 4 cylinder and the 3.0 V6.   I have test driven both.   Honestly, I am a bit surprised that they didn't keep the naturally aspirated 3.7 to bridge the gap between the 2.0 and the 3.0.    The 2.0 provides adequate acceleration but still has a bit of that typical 4 cylinder "buzz" under heavy throttle.  The 3.0 is dramatically quicker and sounds like a well oiled electric motor in comparison.

• drolds1 and Billyb like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 axle1320

axle1320

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLititz, PA
  • My MKZ's Year:2009
  • Current Vehicle:2009 MKZ

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

There use to be a strip right down from where I live at the airport on rt.30 outside of York, PA (in Thomasville).  I think it was called rt.30.  They had a few famous racers from my understanding. It closed before my time though.  However, I've been/raced at South Mountain Dragway, Mason Dixon, Beaver Springs, and Maple Grove (nationals for High School class).  I was able to see some of the "funny cars" run at South Mountain when I went there regularly.  One of my favorite classes is the Pro-stick class.

It was called York US 30 Dragway. I went there way back in the 60s. It was one of THE East Coast tracks. It was and still is an airport. They had to stop the races every once and awhile to let planes land. 

#23 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 1,023 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

Oh my, there is no comparison between the 2.0 4 cylinder and the 3.0 V6.   I have test driven both.   Honestly, I am a bit surprised that they didn't keep the naturally aspirated 3.7 to bridge the gap between the 2.0 and the 3.0.    The 2.0 provides adequate acceleration but still has a bit of that typical 4 cylinder "buzz" under heavy throttle.  The 3.0 is dramatically quicker and sounds like a well oiled electric motor in comparison.

I haven't driven a 3.0 yet but I've had a few 2.0s as service loaners. I can't imagine there'd be any comparison. The 2.0 is just barely adequate, IMO.  The standard engine in the MKZ should be, at least, the 2.3EB. Leave the 2.0 for the Fusion.  I agree that they need an in-between choice.  The 2.7TT should be available to fill that gap.  In fact, when that engine was first rumored to be under development, they said it was to be a Lincoln exclusive.

#24 schteve

schteve

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationLake Orion, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ordered 2017 MKZ reserve 3.0T drivers package

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

I haven't driven a 3.0 yet but I've had a few 2.0s as service loaners. I can't imagine there'd be any comparison. The 2.0 is just barely adequate, IMO.  The standard engine in the MKZ should be, at least, the 2.3EB. Leave the 2.0 for the Fusion.  I agree that they need an in-between choice.  The 2.7TT should be available to fill that gap.  In fact, when that engine was first rumored to be under development, they said it was to be a Lincoln exclusive.

agree that the 2.0 should be a fusion motor for the entry level... however the 2.3 in the MKC trim @ 285hp 305tq would be a great entry motor for this car (just under what the 3.7 had) with the 3.0 and the standard hybrid (shared with fusion) power train would be 3 EXCELLENT powertrain choices.  The entry 2.3 would fill the "effortless power" in the entry level cars with the option to step up to the 3.0T.

as an aside... a small piece of advice... if you can swing getting the summer tire package (and complementary set of winter tires if you live in northern climates) ESPECIALLY with the 3.0... DO IT.   I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and from a dead stop with aggressive power application, the car will still kick in the traction nanny (yes it makes the tires spin/slip even in sport mode and with driver package) so sticker tires for summer and winter would be highly recommended from my perspective.

I am considering a set of summers starting next spring and will evaluate the stock AS over this winter to see if i need both.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·